first 3 weeks

Hello everyone! I'm actually very excited about the idea of staging a drama. I have seen and watched many plays but never really knew what exactly goes on behind the curtains, especially during the early stages. When Mr. Fakhzan told us about the idea of staging a drama and blogging too, I was thrilled. I felt it was a great breakaway from the stereotype.

In the first week's meeting, we elected the production team. Farouq became Steven Spielberg Jr.(director), Alia the assistant director, Akma as the secretary and Zul as our head scriptwriter. I became the co-scriptwriter. We were given a briefing on our duties by Mr. Fakhzan. We also chose the theme for our drama: custom & culture.

Things started moving the following week. Zul came up wit an interesting storyline and shared it with Mr. Fakhzan and the rest of the class. He recieved nods from all. Zul was also chosen as the stage manager as that was left out when we were appointing the crew the previous week. We were given our roles according to what Zul imagined and felt was right for the script. I became the water fairy, Aqua. I was amazed at Zul's ability to visualize a defined picture of the play in his head. He briefed each one on their character. I helped to edit the synopsis before handing it in to Mr. Fakhzan.

By the third week we had our script. Poor Zul had to redo the script after an unfortunate accident involving his milo. We had a screen test. Most of us kept the same characters. Everyone cooperated during the rehearsal. Eventhough it was long going through each scene, there were some jokers lightening up the environment. Ema had her music ready and we tried out the scenes with that as well. Farouq, Alia and Zul did their job, directing and demonstrating while the rest gave positive comments . During the meeting we decided on the costumes of the characters as well as the props. Lastly, I would like to apologise to the team for arriving late for the practice. Any inconvenience is deeply regretted.

I hope our future practices will go on smoothly and I also hope everyone will enjoy themselves.
Till then:)

0 comments: